Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
As part of our duties we publish:
- an Equalities Information profile of our school based upon the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 – this is updated and published every year
- our school’s Equality Action Plan (Objectives) – these are reviewed annually and updated at least once every 4 years
- for further information please view or download our Single Equalities Policy and Equality Action Plan and our Accessibility Plan in the School Policies section of our website.
Our School Commitment
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination
- Provide equality of opportunity
- Foster positive relationships
At Biddick Primary School we aim to promote equality and develop positive relationships, by tackling any form of discrimination. We seek to remove any barriers that may prevent children from participating in all aspects of all life, making progress and achieving their full potential. We also seek to remove barriers to access and participation that may prevent parents and carers being fully involved in the wider education of their child at school.
At Biddick Primary School our aim is to enable everyone can ‘be the best they can be’ by:
- Ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
- Making our school a safe and secure place for everyone.
- Recognising that people have different needs, and understanding that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same.
- Ensuring that no-one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination.